Monday, March 7, 2011

Blog Assignment 4

Again in my final project I want to explore the idea of uncertainty. I want to explore this idea using a mirror. There are many stories, songs, movies about mirrors. sometimes the plots are magical, scary and even beautiful sometimes. Why is that? We are looking at a same object but why do people feel differently? Why is it that we look at ourselves the first thing in the morning? There are many uncertainty in the object. I want to explore this idea using photoshop. I want to give the project an eerie feeling, so I can leave the viewers something to think about after looking at it. And I want to use an endless loop, so they can stare at it for a long time. It would be very cool if my art is shown in the art gallery in the TV near restrooms, so they would be afraid to look at the mirror.
I got many of my ideas from the mirror scare scenes from various movies, and Michael Jackson's song the man in the mirror. While the movies are trying to scare the audience, and the song was trying to make the lyric very meaningful, they were all trying to explore the idea of uncertainty using the mirrors. I have uploaded the videos in the previous posts.
In this project, I am going to use many filters, photo filters, and piles of layers to give the different feeling to the mirror. Also I am going to use animation to make sure that viewers stare my project for a longtime. Also I am going to learn the techniques from Youtube, especially from the user named photoshopmama.(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybNMWyGQOX0)

2 comments:

  1. Such a great idea! I absolutely love the mirror idea because with animation, you can make some pretty great things happen. Your right, a mirror has been used in nearly every form of media in so many ways. The mirror can connect to audiences very well cause this is where everyone can see what other people see. As we look in a mirror, there is always questions as to who we really are, and our imagination always seems to come into play. From what I saw of your final, I loved. It was extremely interesting and I loved how the bandanna came into play again. You face distorted and things started getting eerie. Yet again, the mirror is used as a confusing scare tactic but it never gets old because everyone relates so well. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your final project was very interesting. the animation was done in great depth and added a lot of meaning to your project. you really have a grasp on using photoshop and animation within it. the way you used the mirror in your art was very useful and contributed greatly to your final piece of art. very good work.

    ReplyDelete