Monday, February 14, 2011

artist statement rough draft

What is the meaning of life? Who am I? Why this? Why that? We live with so many questions. Some answered, some not. We learn, we think, we seek religions to answer these questions. I think we desperately do that because uncertainty scares us. I got my insperations from Rodin's The Thinker. The motion and the face the sculpture makes is universial and its emotion it portrays can be related to everybody. Also my ideas also came from pictures of women in blind fold in flickr. If you were ever blind folded, you can sympathises with the pictures. The scared, confused look. They are also universial. Also i wanted to incorporate the screaming in my mind whenever we think. Screaming in desperations to know the answer. I thought this picture was well illustrated in Munch's The scream. In my diptech. I wanted to incorporate all these emotions into one single picture. I distorted many figures, used many filters, masks and colors manipulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment